Skip to main content

Writing Attack of the Zombie Vampires

 Uploaded a video about writing Attack of the Zombie Vampires



The original inspiration for attack of the zombie vampires or zompires came years ago when I had an idea for a series of short films.

They were a parody of a Van Helsing type character who would disguise himself as a typical victim and after defeating the monster loudly proclaim 'the menace has been defeated'.

I can remember wanting to call one of them 'the phantom menace' and having a chuckle about the thought of someone clicking on the video and instead of enjoying a George Lucas epic they would see this strange little movie instead.

Yes, I have a pretty weird sense of humour.

I never made the films but the idea of the character stuck and after having various discussions about what a vampire / zombie hybrid might be like, I had the seed of what became 'Attack of the zombie vampires'.

It was always going to be slightly comedic because it just sounds like some trashy straight to video flick from the 1980s and probably reads like one too.

I enjoyed writing it and there is definitely potential for a wider universe there.

Maybe some day.

Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Correx / Coroplast Kayak

While I am still having trouble getting back to my writing, I've been indulging in another interest of mine - small boats. I currently live within walking distance of the water so I've been experimenting. Having been intrigued by the designs of Paul Elkins and other trailblazers, I ordered a sheet of 4mm 4 x 8 Correx and after some careful measuring and scoring, folded it into a small kayak. It's held together with 6 cable ties and for the first successful test had a couple of strips of electrical tape at bow and stern. For the next outing, I covered the bottom with duct tape to give some protection when landing / launching and built a small internal frame to stiffen up the hull and give some back support. It is only suitable for sheltered waters but is fairly stable, sits nicely and can handle some larger waves and chop without giving cause for concern. Next experiments are to fit some kind of oarlock, try a drill powered propellor and fit a very small sail and rudder! In

Just a quick update

 Two more stages finished on my current gamebook. The Lake - An opportunity to earn some money and go for a little swim - if you dare. The Mountains - Two deadly adversaries. Will you prevail? Just two more to go!

Monstrous Mythology now available

 I have just published my latest adventure gamebook Monstrous Mythology Available as a paperback from Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C6W5W3ZC/ Invited to a talk by the local historical society you fall asleep ... only to awaken in an ancient world full of mythological monsters. Can you defeat the dreaded Hydra or will you succumb to the many dangers you must face during your quest? Arm yourself with a pencil, eraser and optional D6 dice as you try to survive - Monstrous Mythology.